Save the date!
ComForEn 2023 will take place from
15.03. - 17.03.2023 in Vienna, Austria.
Interoperability is the ability of actors, components, and applications to collaborate by exchanging data and information. The next generation of energy systems is expected to integrate many new technologies and applications (demand-response, flexibility services, market participation) across different energy vectors (electricity, heat, gas, mobility, transport) and to guarantee reliability, sustainability, efficiency, and affordability of the system. Thus, Interoperability among those domains, technologies, and applications is a major success factor for ensuring compliance with these requirements.
The AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, TU Wien, and the OVE invite experts from academia and industry to promote research and development as well as to discuss the major challenges on the way to an interoperable energy system. ComForEn 2023 is aimed at component and system manufacturers, power grid operators, energy suppliers, and research institutions. We are looking for contributions addressing different aspects of interoperability in energy systems. The list of topics of interest includes:
- Data Interoperability in heterogeneous energy systems
- Customer Interoperability to choose between commercial offers and technology choices
- Data policy, handling, and compliance toward an open data society
- Interoperability testing methodologies and facilities
- Interoperability in specific applications and role interaction: flexibility activation, DSO-Retailer-Communication, TSO-DSO Interaction, Energy Management Systems, Aggregators, Virtual Power Plants, Charging Point Operators, Monitoring Systems, Metering Systems, Grid control systems, Energy Communities etc.
- Gaps and needs for reaching European Sustainability Development Goals and #mission2030 goals
Submission and Publication
Supmitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers are published in the OVE conference proceedings. Additionally, best-evaluated papers will be published in the Springer journal e & i Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik: https://www.springer.com/journal/502
Paper Submission: 28.10.2022
Camera-ready paper: 17.02.2023
The conference language is English, papers must be written in English.
Templates and instructions are available here:
Link to easychair: Paper submission
All further information on the program and workshops will be announced soon.